[1.2.0] - 2018-06-25¶
Rally 1.0.0 has released. This is a major release which doesn't contain in-tree OpenStack plugins. Also, this release extends flexibility of validating required platforms which means that logic of required admin/users for the plugin can be implemented at rally-openstack side and this is done in rally-openstack 1.2.0
Also, it is sad to mention, but due to OpenStack policies we need to stop
duplicating release notes at
git tag message. At least for now.
[1.1.0] - 2018-05-11¶
- [scenario plugin] GnocchiMetric.list_metric
- [scenario plugin] GnocchiMetric.create_metric
- [scenario plugin] GnocchiMetric.create_delete_metric
- [scenario plugin] GnocchiResource.create_resource
- [scenario plugin] GnocchiResource.create_delete_resource
- Introduce version, version_tuple at rally_openstack module. As like other python packages each release of rally-openstack package can introduce new things, deprecate or even remove other ones. To simplify integration with other plugins which depends on rally-openstack, the new properties can be used with proper checks.
- Docker image ported to publish images from rally-openstack repo instead of using the rally framework repository. Also, the CI is extended to check ability to build Docker image for any of changes.
- An interface of ResourceType plugins is changed since Rally 0.12. All our plugins are adopted to support it. The port is done in a backward compatible way, so the minimum required version of Rally still is 0.11.0, but we suggest you to use the latest release of Rally.
- Calculation of the duration for "nova.bind_actions" action. It shows only duration of initialization Rally inner class and can be easily misunderstood as some kind of "Nova operation". Affects 1 inner scenario "NovaServers.boot_and_bounce_server".
required_servicesvalidator should not check services which are configured via
api_versions@openstackcontext since the proper validation is done at the context itself. The inner check for
api_versionsstring is also valid name for the context (if there is no other
api_versionscontexts for other platforms, but the case of name conflict is covered by another check).
- The endpoint_type defined in environment specification/deployment configuration is the endpoint interface for gnocchi.
[1.0.0] - 2018-03-28¶
- [scenario plugin] GnocchiArchivePolicy.list_archive_policy
- [scenario plugin] GnocchiArchivePolicy.create_archive_policy
- [scenario plugin] GnocchiArchivePolicy.create_delete_archive_policy
- [scenario plugin] GnocchiResourceType.list_resource_type
- [scenario plugin] GnocchiResourceType.create_resource_type
- [scenario plugin] GnocchiResourceType.create_delete_resource_type
- [scenario plugin] NeutronSubnets.delete_subnets
- [ci] New Zuul V3 native jobs
- Extend existing@openstack platform to support creating a specification based on system environment variables. This feature should be available with Rally>0.11.1
- Methods for association and dissociation floating ips were deprecated in novaclient a year ago and latest major release (python-novaclient 10) doesn't include them. These actions should be performed via neutronclient now. It is not as simple as it was via Nova-API and you can find more neutron-related atomic actions in results of scenarios.
- os-hosts CLIs and python API bindings had been deprecated in python-novaclient 9.0.0 and became removed in 10.0.0 release. This decision affected 2 scenarios NovaHosts.list_hosts and NovaHosts.list_and_get_hosts which become redundant and we cannot leave them (python-novaclient doesn't have proper interfaces any more).
- The support of kubernetes python client (which is used by Magnum plugins) is not limited by 3.0.0 max version. You can use more modern releases of that library.